The Isomac Venus espresso/cappuccino machine fills the void between lower cost espresso machines and the higher priced professional grade machines. This means it is perfect for home and small office use. While there are a few direct competitors priced a little lower than the Venus, this machine stands out because of it slightly larger size and top to bottom stainless steel construction. The Venus is a beautiful machine to say the least. The polished housing, chrome cup railing on top, and the heavy-duty switches and indicator lights make the fancy professional grade machines look over their shoulder. But Isomac did not skimp on the inside of the machine either. A look under the hood shows a large brass boiler, brass fittings, stainless steel mesh protecting the water tubing, and top grade wiring and electrical fittings.
• Polished stainless-steel body and frame for added durability
• Heavy Duty Pump - The Venus uses a 52-watt vibratory pump that provides the exact pressures needed to deliver perfect espresso. The lines from the pump, to the boiler, and from the boiler to the grouphead are all commercial grade items, with a big, beefy piece of cast brass helping to complete the trip. Other machines may feel the need to advertise their BAR rating; the Venus doesn't have to - it's a given the machine has the power to spare.
• Chromed brass grouphead and 10-ounce solid brass boiler for added temperature stability
• Expansion relief-valve allows excess pump pressure to be redirected to the water reservoir
• Three (3) way solenoid valve on the grouphead allows the filter handle to be removed immediately after the espresso extraction
• The pressure gauge on the front of the machine will monitor brewing pressures to ensure you are getting the best espresso shot at 8-9 bar.
• The Venus features four solid toggle switches with integrated indicator lights. The power switch is on the upper right far corner of the control panel. The three switches on the left side of the control panel: control the brewing, hot water, and steaming functions of the machine.
• Three (3) thermostats - coffee, steam, and safety
• Stainless-steel braided hose from pump to boiler for added durability - other machines may only have teflon hoses that are susceptible to cracking over time
• Swivel-based steam wand with two-hole, chrome-plated steam tip
• Stainless-steel drip tray and cover (very large and removable)
• Three (3) liter water reservoir removable from top for easy refilling or easy cleaning
• Accessories: one (1) pro-style 58mm filter handle with dual spouts, a 1-cup filter basket, a 2-cup filter basket, a plastic scoop, and a bakelite tamper
• Dimensions: 13" D x 10 1/4" W x 15 3/4" H
• Made in Italy
• Power: 1200 watts, 115 volts 60 Hz
• Unit Weight: 27 lbs.
• Warranty: One year parts and labor limited to manufacturer's defect.