The Vario is a commercial grinder with 54mm ceramic flat burrs with a throughput of 1.9 grams per second and an innovative, macro/micro grind adjustment with 230 settings. The sleek contemporary design, small foot print, and adjustability for any style of coffee also make it perfect as a home grinder.
Below are some of the incredible features of the Vario:
• Mahlkanig 54mm ceramic flat burrs: Stay sharper longer. Ceramic has a 1.5 -2.0X longer life than steel burrs. Keeps the coffee cool by limiting the amount of heat transferred from the burrs to the grinds.
• Grind on Demand with Electronic Dosing: Grinds only the coffee you require for each shot directly into your espresso porta filter. Eliminates the risk of stale ground coffee common in mechanical dosing units. 0.1 second adjustable steps (0.2 grams ). Three, user programmable grind time buttons
• Innovative dual cam grind adjustment: The right hand lever lets you choose what type of grind you’d like. The lever on the left lets you fine tune the grind within the range you’ve selected for a perfect grind. Over 230 grind settings available.
• PortaHolder: Universally adjustable brackets for any portafilter. Allows for hands free operation.
• Super quiet operation using belt drive.
• Powerful DC motor turns slowly resulting in cool, quiet operation and permits extended grinding time. The circuitry is equipped with an automatic reset thermal switch.
• In the box: Grinder, Hopper, Lid, Grounds bin, PortaHolder, and Instruction manual