The line of coffee grinders from Ascaso can be described as beautiful, colorful, and best of all, excellent grinding machines. Ascaso has developed two versions of their coffee and espresso grinder, one with a flat grinding wheel system and one with a conical (cone shaped) grinding wheel. The flat wheel grinder is called the I-1 Grinder and the conical grinding wheel version is called the I-2 Grinder.
The Ascaso grinders have a Micrometric Regulation System (MRS) also known as stepless adjustment to control the quality and consistency of the grinds. This system allows for unmatched, precise adjustments to the grind setting, which is critical for espresso grinding. If you have an espresso machine, you will enjoy the convenience of being able to grind directly into the coffee holder for your machine.
Simple Manual Operation - On the side of the grinder there is a button that you can control the main power. Just under the coffee dispensing chute, another spring-loaded manual on/off button is present, and when pressed, the grinder will start, then immediately turn off when the button is released. Place the coffee holder (or any storage container) against the button to start grinding and then remove the coffee holder when the desired amount of coffee has been dispensed.
No Coffee Dispenser - The grinders feature a coffee chute which funnels the freshly ground coffee from the grinding chamber directly into a coffee holder for your espresso machine or into a coffee filter, or even a storage container.
Easy to Clean - One important and often overlooked task required of owning a good coffee grinder is routine cleaning. To clean, just remove the coffee bean hopper and cover to expose the grinding chamber, which takes about 30 seconds. You can perform a thorough cleaning to remove built up coffee grounds around the main cutting wheel and then reassemble the grinder - total time is about 2 minutes.
Large Coffee Bean Hopper - With the ability to store up to 1.3 pounds of coffee beans in the hopper, there is no need to constantly refill the grinder. It will hold enough beans to brew several full pots of coffee or 60 shots of espresso. It is made of clear shatter resistant plastic and topped with a plastic lid.
- Motor Power: 250 W
- RPM: 700 rpm
- Blades: 54 mm
- Volts: 120 V
- Housing Material: Aluminum
- Hopper Capacity: 600 g
- Ground Coffee Capacity: 125 g (for 1-1D model)
- Weight: 9.3 lbs.
- Measurements: 16.25" H x 6.4" W x 10.5" D
- Production: 11 lbs/hr
- Warranty: One year parts and labor limited to manufacturer's defect.
- The Ascaso espresso coffee grinder is mainly suited for grinding for espresso only. We will not accept returns if you purchase this grinder for other coffee brewing methods. It can take between 3-5 minutes to turn the stepless adjustment knob to change settings from french press to espresso grind. We will not accept a return under our return policy if this grinder was used to grind other types of food products (i.e. spices, paper, etc) as some previous customers have tried to do.
- The doser can not be removed on doser versions.
- The instructional manuals for Ascaso are printed for worldwide distribution and covers almost every model produced worldwide. With this in mind, there may be features, accessories, or colors available in Ascaso equipment in other countries, but not available in our models produced for the United States.